Reporting directly to the Campus Director and Assistant Director, the After-School Group Leader is primarily responsible for the overall supervision and wellbeing of the participants, academic assistance, and fostering social emotional learning in the classroom. This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services.
- Assist Instructors and subcontractors in the implementation of lessons and activities.
- Provide program support during high-risk times like arrivals, snack times, and dismissals.
- Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of school-aged children.
- Provide academic assistance in the form of homework help.
- Supervise bathroom breaks, nurse visits, and provide minor first aid as needed.
- Ensure room, activity areas, and program spaces are clean and organized, and manage use of program supplies using cleaning logs and sign in/out sheets.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of all program participants.
- Attend all required meetings and training courses.
- Work with assigned team members to collectively create a safe and brave learning space for all assigned participants.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other staff members to share best practices and address challenges.
- Document all medical and behavioral incidents.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old or be scheduled to graduate high school by September 1.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Experience working with children in an after-school or summer camp setting strongly encouraged.
- This position begins after clearances are complete.
- Ability to work in person – remote options are not available.
Compensation: Starting at $16/hour
Schedule: Up to 25 hours per week; evening and weekend hours may be available
Location: Sunnyside Beacon at P.S. 343 – The Children’s Lab School – in Sunnyside, Queens
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Your Name – Group Leader” in the email subject line.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.